Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My very sweet hubby :)

So, I've been a part of the blogging world for a while, but I usually only post a little blurb about the past week's photo shoot and a few of my favorite pictures. I guess my life is semi-interesting, so I guess I have decided to be a blogger.

First things first, I have the sweetest husband ever! Last night, I was pretty tired and not really in that pleasant of a mood. I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed, and Scot comes around behind me and says, "hey, I think you should take a look into the freezer..." I thought that maybe he had gotten some ice cream and wanted to share some with me. Ice cream didn't sound that good. It was late. To humor him, I went into the kitchen and popped open the freezer. What did I find??? CELINE DION TICKETS!! I started crying. I love Celine! I've always told Scot that if I could see one person in concert, it would be her. I guess she just reminds me of a more simple time in my life: high school. I remember falling asleep to the song "I love you," number 9 on the blue and white cd, if you're not familiar. And when Titanic came out? I was there...three times I was there. You might be asking, was this for your birthday? No. Anniversary? No. This was because my husband is such a sweetheart and could tell I was having a rough day. Of course, he tried to play off the sweetness and say that we didn't really do anything for my birthday, so this was a makeup present. What a nice one! I love him, and can't believe I am so blessed!

So here's a preview of what's to come:



I'm so incredibly excited I just can't help myself.

Secondly, I'm a terribly bad person and have never gotten my wisdom teeth removed. I know what you're thinking. Didn't I know that it's much harder to get them taken out later in life? I did. But I just really don't like the idea of surgery in my mouth. I'm kind of a baby when it comes to that whole process. Now they're starting to bother me and I can't help but blame...myself. My mouth has been slightly hard to open and the corner of one of my wisdom teeth is rubbing up against my cheek. Tomorrow I think I might stop by my brother-in-law the dentist and see what he thinks.

On a third note, I've been trying to cook on the cheap, but occasionally, I make something that is pretty disgusting. Scot's usually nice about it. I'm very excited about this broiler technique that I've learned from my friend Tiffany. Cooking moist chicken is now a breeze when all you have to do is marinate for 20 mins and cook for 15! Who knew that the broiler setting on the oven isn't just for cinnamon toast? Maybe I'm showing my lack of knowledge in the kitchen, but I can't lie, I'm not the world's greatest chef. Anyway, if anyone has some good tasting and healthy recipes that are a snap to make, please share!

1 comment:

Alisha Stewart said...

I must say that I'm slighlty offended that I had to find out about your new blog via Amber's comments, but I'm glad to see that you've officially joined the blogging world.
Thanks again for putting us up for the night. You guys are sweet.